WIN Job Center
Location: 204 Colonnade Cove, Suite-1 Oxford, 662-234-3231
More information: northwestms.net/web/staticpages/index.php/winJobCenter
Operated by Northwest Mississippi Community College, the WIN Job Center at Oxford provides services and training to those seeking jobs as well as businesses looking for skilled, qualified employees.
Services For Businesses
- Facilities for interviews
- Database of skilled workers
- Recruiting and screening services
- Proficiency testing for employees
- Workforce data and wage rates
- Other services
On-the-Job Training (OJT)
Available to businesses offering a full-time position; these businesses must meet certain requirements.
- Reimburses eligible businesses up to 50% of the wage rate of the new employee
- Length of reimbursement to be determined based on skill level of the job
Workforce Development- Northwest Mississippi Community College
Through the Workforce Investment Act and Mississippi’s Workforce Education Program, the College provides services for individuals, businesses and the public sector.
Services to Businesses Include:
- Pre-employment training that is industry specific
- Customized skills training and retraining
- Advanced skills training
- Training manuals and multimedia aids
- Basic skills training
- Assessment of employees
Development of training plans and schedules specific to your business can be done in conjunction with workforce training coordinators. These coordinators will assess your business’ needs and develop a plan accordingly. Learn more about this program.
University of Mississippi Workforce Development
To learn about workforce and professional development opportunities at the University of Mississippi, visit the workforce development page.