Oxford is home to many talented writers, performers, artists, musicians, filmmakers, and educators and as a result, offers an abundance of music, theater, dance, and comedy performances year-round.
Going On Now In Oxford
- Laff. Co. is a comedy troupe located in oxford.
- Hinge Dance Company is a professional dance company with annual performances.
- University of Mississippi Showstoppers has an annual production by students of musical theatre numbers.
- Mississippi: The Dance Company is a concert dance company that focuses on modern dance.
Oxford Civic Chorus
The Oxford Civic Chorus is composed of local musicians who audition to join the chorus. They put on a series of concerts each year composed of patriotic, popular, spiritual, stage, screen, and folk songs. The Chorus has performed with the Memphis Symphony and Jackson Symphony.
Music in the Hall
This is a grassroots music series and documentary project. You can view videos online at: http://musicinthehall.com/
Lafayette-Oxford-University Symphony Orchestra
Composed of students, faculty, and staff from the University of Mississippi, this symphony orchestra gives concerts at the Gertrude Ford Center For Performing Arts.
University of Mississippi Choirs
The University of Mississippi Choirs includes Concert Singers, Women’s Glee, Men’s Glee, Women’s Ensemble and University Chorus. Performances are given at the Ford Center for Performing Arts, David H. Nutt Auditorium, North Oxford Baptist Church, and Paris-Yates Chapel.
Ole Miss Opera Theatre
The Ole Miss Opera Theatre performs fully staged opera productions in the fall and spring.
University of Mississippi Jazz Ensembles
The Ensembles include The Mississippians and The Collegians. These groups perform standard big band and contemporary repertoire.
Mississippi Early Music Ensemble
Performances by the Mississippi Early Music Ensemble are given at the Nutt Auditorium on University of Mississippi campus.
The Blues Archive at the University of Mississippi
Located on the third floor of the J.D. Williams Library, the Blues Archive has one of the largest collections of blues recordings, publications, and memorabilia in the world. The collection includes sound recordings, photographs, videos, and printed publications.
Thacker Mountain Radio
Thacker Mountain Radio is recorded in spring and fall at Square Books in Oxford. The show highlights prominent writers and local musicians.
- Theatre Oxford is a community theatre that offers workshops, has an annual production of plays and musicals, and hosts a 10-Minute Play Festival.
- Ole Miss Theatre is composed of student performances of plays and musicals.